How it Works
Various programmes, such as the Woman Rise ™ Programmes, are run as interventions to promote financial independence and holistic wellbeing for Women in business who find themselves dealing with anticipated or unanticipated life-altering events in their lives or businesses. Funding for these programs comes from different funding initiatives such as our members, corporate sponsorships, special projects such as our Forgotten Women Book project and mentoring projects. For the Woman of Stature Foundation to run its operations and to continue to bring positive change to the lives of Businesswomen in South Africa, it relies on funding by its Members, Philanthropy and Corporate Sponsorships.
WOMAN RISE PROGRAMME
The Woman Rise Programme consists of a series of Training, Coaching and Mentoring interventions, which address two core challenges experienced by Businesswomen in South Africa:
1. The first critical challenge this programme addresses is the negative impact of the current economic and social challenges in South Africa on Women in business. Job losses, unemployment and lack of resources are some of the economic challenges South African businesswomen encounter. Some of the social challenges are exiting an abusive business or personal relationship and needing to cope with stress linked to the transition, resulting in vulnerability in Women, vulnerability off which predators feed. These predatory relationships further disempower Women who understandably fall prey to further victimisation. This programme aims to inspire constructive decision-making and conflict resolution, increase psychological resilience and introduce WIN-WIN paradigms.
2. The second critical challenge this programme addresses is the inequality experienced by Women-Owned Small Businesses. These businesses are challenged to grow or scale up due to challenges such as: inaccessibility to equal opportunity and a lack of financial and other resources. This programme aims to support small business development, create and promote synergistic business growth opportunities and enhance entrepreneurial skills.
CATEGORIES OF BENEFICIARIES WITHIN THE WOMAN RISE PROGRAMME:
BROKEN WING DEFINITION: A Businesswoman who finds herself in a sudden destitute situation.
CAGED BUSINESS DEFINITION: A Businesswoman who finds herself unable to grow or scale due to lack of time, money or skill sets.
HEALING WING PROGRAMME
This is the Woman of Stature Foundation’s Flagship Programme that supports a woman who finds herself in a situation which we refer to as the ‘BROKEN WING. The programme consists of four core interventions namely: sourcing immediate subsidised employment placement in a Woman-owned small business, Financial Coaching, Life Coaching and Business Coaching.
ACCELATE - HER PROGRAMME:
This programme is designed to assist in accelerating growth in Women-owned small businesses that struggle to grow due to the lack of resources. We refer to these kinds of businesses as ‘Caged Businesses’. In order to achieve this, the Healing Wing Programme’s beneficiaries may be placed into a ‘Caged Business’ to assist the business with the necessary talent. Additional Business and Financial Coaching may be offered to the ACCELERATE- HER beneficiaries.
The Healing Wing programme is a 6-month programme that begins with Life and Financial Coaching. The programme immediately addresses the beneficiary’s financial stressors by providing a subsistence payment that has to be worked back based on standard rate per hour terms and conditions as determined by the Woman of Stature Foundation board of directors and in accordance with the labour laws.
1. This remedial approach assists the foundation to realise and advance its mandate.
2. Sister company to the Woman of Stature Foundation, WOS Network (Pty) Ltd with its membership network Professional Collective by Woman of Stature, also acts as a support structure for foundation members. Members of Professional Collective may occasionally sponsor any subsistence shortfall by taking in the Healing Wing beneficiary as a temporary staff member within their businesses with the aim to assist her to recover financially and become self-supporting. The surplus would then be allocated to one of the other Woman of Stature Foundation projects or another Healing Wing beneficiary in the Woman Rise ™ programme.
3. Other donating members of the Woman of Stature Foundation who are not financially strong to employ a full time staff member can apply to the Woman of Stature Foundation to obtain the services of the Healing Wing to assist in their business and negotiate a fee with the Woman of Stature Foundation. Proceeds will be reinvested into the Woman Rise ™ Programme to assist further Healing Wings.
4. Any payment towards the Woman of Stature Foundation for the services delivered by a Healing Wing will not be classified as a donation from that member.
5. Only members who are active donators at any level can benefit from the services of a Healing Wing.
EXCLUSIVE EAGLE MEMBER PLAN
The Eagle Membership Plan enables Philanthropists and Corporates to participate as funders and donors (referred to as Eagles) of Woman of Stature Foundation. This membership programme enables funders and donors to participate at different levels. The Top-Level Membership of the Woman of Stature Foundation is a full membership that includes all the benefits the Woman of Stature Foundation has to offer, of which voting rights is the most important.
AN EAGLE DEFINITION: An Eagle is an organisation or a person with a Philanthropic spirit who supports the Woman of Stature Foundation through membership.
EAGLE MEMBERSHIP Platinum Plan
EAGLE MEMBERSHIP Gold Plan
Gold members may select an approved Gold member to represent them at full membership level, where they are represented by one vote provided that the combined membership fees of the Gold members is more than R150,000 per annum. This can be paid in full or on a monthly debit order of R2084 per month for a period of twelve months.
EAGLE MEMBERSHIP Silver Plan
EAGLE MEMBERSHIP Bronze Plan